Tyson Doesn't Know What Plants Are

Being vegan and gluten intolerant, as well as pretty inept in the kitchen, I'm a label reader. So when Tyson announced their "plant based" offerings, the first thing I did was look up the ingredients.

My first thought was that they'd be using wheat as filler, and thus I wouldn't be able to eat them.

Imagine my surprise when instead of wheat, I see EGGS in the plant based chicken. Uhm....HELLO? Tyson, this is Chicken speaking. We lay eggs! Putting those (or any) eggs in something and calling it "plant based" is nothing short of hypocrisy. Because eggs are not plants!

And please, let's not even get started on the way those egg laying hens are treated. Because I'd be willing to be they're not from a free-range, natural-fed, no roosters involved facility.

Maybe you're not vegan. Maybe you can roll with the egg thing. Okay, I'm not here to tell you what to eat. I'm here to advocate for you to think about what you eat.

But let's take a look at Tyson's "plant based" burger. At a minimum, you'd expect not to see any beef on the list, right? WRONG!

Their "plant based" burgers contain Angus beef!! Hey, Tyson, I'm Angus cow this time. I have to die in order to make your "plant based" burger. I am NOT a plant! I call BS!

Obviously, as a vegan, I think eating cows is wrong. But, again, I'm not here to tell you to be vegan.

But let's look at this logically shall we. Someone who's looking for a plant based burger is likely to be vegetarian or vegan. So, why in the heck would Tyson or anyone else think putting cow in that burger is a good idea?!

Crazy!

And that's without discussing the beef industry. That's for another post on another day.



For now, I ask all self-respecting consumers to boycott Tyson, or at least don't buy into their lies about "plant based" food! Send them a message about honesty with your dollar.

Remember - every dollar you spend is a vote for the world you want to see! Use yours wisely.

Comments

  1. MorningStar , the main alternative burgers, etc in most grocery stores, also have EGG, as does most of Quorn. TERRIBLE!!! 😠

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never looked at either of those, but I'll take word for it a second the "TERRIBLE" Just...ugh...

      Delete

Post a Comment